Kenneth Armond Thomas
Instrumental Music Teacher, World Music and Culture Teacher, Japanese Language Teacher
2562 N. Western Street
Roseville, Minnesota 55113
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
JAPANESE Level-3 / Tokyo, Japan
Previous Classroom Teaching Position
2006-2007 School Year, English Language Learner Assistant Teacher
Roseville Senior High School, ELL Dept.2001-2002 School Year, Japanese Language Class Teacher
1240 County Road B2, Roseville, Minnesota 55113
Harding Senior High School, World Language Dept.
1540 East Sixth St., St. Paul, Minnesota 55106
2000-2001 School Year, Classroom Music Teacher
Skyview Community Middle School,
1100 Heron St., Oakdale, Minnesota 55104
1999-2000 School Year, 4th Grade Class Teacher
St. James Catholic Elementary School,
2620 Wabash Ave., Chicago, Illinois 60609
Focus of Qualifications
- 25 years of professional experience as a teacher, performing, touring, and recording musician.
- Continual application of methods for improving student inclusion in the mainstream classroom.
- Practical techniques for the urban learner in educational achievement and social skills.
- Focus on music therapy activites and motor skill productivity of students with special needs in group enrichment activities.
Professional Musician, Author
Classrom Music Teacher
School Band and Orchestra
World Music Workshop Instructor
Drum Circle Facilitator
Moderator-INTERNATIONAL TAIKO WEBRING
Online Band and School Music Handbook by Kenneth Thomas
- Masters of Music Program, Moorhead State University (Progress)
- Bachelor of Science, Music Education, Moorhead State University, Minnesota, 1979
- Teaching License, MUSIC K-12, State of Minnesota, 1979
- Language Certificate, JAPANESE, Osaka International Language College, Osaka, Japan. 1990
Professional Training Certification
- N.A.R.D. Percussion Certification, National Association of Rudimental Drummers, Chicago, Illinois 1977
(Certification approval from William F. Ludwig II).
- National Japanese Language Certification - Level 3, Association of International Education, Tokyo, Japan-1993
- Mrs. Connie Nicholson [Principal] Roseville High School, 1240 County Road B2 Roseville, MN
- Mr. Rob Schultz [Social Studies] Harding Sr. High School, 1540 E. Sixth Street, St. Paul, MN
- Mrs. Nancy Graese [Educational Consultant] CESA #11 (Cooperative Educational, Service Agency #11)
225 Ostermann Dr., Turtle Lake, WI (715.986.2020 ext. 2117) email@example.com
- Dr. David Eyler [Director of Percussion Studies] [Graduate Studies Advisor] Moorhead State University, Moorhead, MN
(218-299-4414, office phone) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Minnesota Educators Assoc.
- Minnesota Music Educators Assoc.
- Percussion Arts Society, Minnesota Chapter
- Drum Circle Facilitators Guild
- Speaker, Japan America Society of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Mn.
- Organized community drumming in the Twin-Cities for adults and children with numerous community events, concert performances, and TV show appearances. Facilitated the popular "Park and Drum" outdoor community drumming gatherings.
- Organized and directed the Japanese Taiko Drumming Performing Ensemble (First such musical group in the Minnesota State University system) in September, 1994.
(1982-1994) Teacher at the Osaka International College and High School - Osaka, Tosabori, Japan
- Staff Instructor
Taught classes, in English and Japanese: General Music, Chorus, Literature, English Grammar, ESL, TOEFL, United States History,
Social Studies, Physical Education, Debate, Speech.